EMERGENCY OXYGEN SERVICE & MANAGEMENT
LifeSafe Services understands that emergency oxygen equipment is the primary device used to support a critically ill or injured breathing patient, and an equally essential device during extended CPR. LifeSafe Services’ oxygen equipment is recognized as the best of the best, supported by and meeting all relevant safety guidelines, and incorporating the highest level of quality assurance maintenance.
LifeSafe Services’ primary mission is to provide customers with a safe and proper working environment – LifeSafe Services oxygen equipment meets the highest levels of (clinical) patient safety and (mechanical) user/responder safety.
Emergency Oxygen Maintenance WITHIN 24 HOURS!
During our twice-annual inspection of your unit we will:
Attain all regulatory requirements:
- Oxygen equipment meets all state and federal specifications for oxygen equipment.
- FDA – Food and Drug Administration.
- OSHA – Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- DOT – Department of Transportation.
- CGA – Compressed Gas Association.
- NIOSH – National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.
- Oxygen equipment is registered and approved as a non-prescription, emergency device appropriate for use by non-medical first aid (workplace) responders.
Attain all educational requirements:
- Oxygen equipment incorporates a dual system mask (recommended by the American Heart Association) to support the breathing patient and to permit rescue breathing for the non-breathing or cardiac arrest patient.
- Oxygen equipment delivers at least 40 percent oxygen (recommended by the National Safety Council, American Red Cross and American Safety and Health Institute) to ensure adequate saturation levels during emergencies.
- Oxygen training classes meet all national and international oxygen, first aid and emergency care criteria (American Society for Testing and Materials; National Guidelines for [Oxygen] First Aid Training in Occupational Settings).
All oxygen inspection service specialists are specifically trained and follow regulatory and good manufacturing practice guidelines for safety.
- All oxygen components are inspected, maintained and properly cleaned.
- All oxygen components set for disposal or disinfecting follow regulatory guidelines for safety.
- Only tools and supplies designated “for oxygen use only” are used.
- All oxygen manufacturer recommendations are followed.
- All oxygen warranty requirements are followed.
- All oxygen equipment is inspected and tested for medical accuracy.
- All oxygen equipment is updated to ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
- All oxygen labels, placards and written directions meet all published regulatory standards.
- All components used with oxygen equipment are established to be compatible and universal.
- All recommendations for oxygen equipment storage and transport follow national safe handling guidelines.
- All recommendations and procedures for Hydrostatic Testing when needed.
Perform Annual System Assessment.
In order to assure efficacy, an annual review shall be conducted and include:
- Equipment maintenance review.
- Location review, based on the AHA recommendations.
- Training review.
- Performance review.
|Annual System Review Included|
|Regulator Liter Flow Assessment Included|
|Regulator Static-Back Pressure Assessment Included|
|High Pressure Safety Release Assessment Included|
|Total Pressure Reduction Assessment Included|
|Seals and Connections Assessment Included|
|Delivery System Cleanliness of Tubing Included|
|Regulator Liter Flow Replacement Included|
|Regulator Static-Back Pressure Replacement Included|
|High Pressure Safety Release Replacement Included|
|Total Pressure Reduction Replacement Included|
|Seals and Connections Replacement Included|
|Delivery System Tubing Replacement Included|
|Delivery System Mask Replacement Included|
|Compliance of Equipment to meet Regulatory Agencies Included|
|Unit Case Examined and Cleaned Included|
|Cylinder Hydrostatic Testing Performed Included|
|Oxygen Administration Training Course Included|
|Cylinder Labeling Compliance Included|